It's important to us that you should know what goes into our wraps before you wrap your food for you and your family.
We use 3 natural ingredients and will share why we use them and their allergen and safety profile. We keep data sheets or info on all the ingredients. In summary, all the ingredients are safe to use for a food wrap.
We use beeswax sourced from a UK supplier and is commercially rendered and filtered to remove any impurities. Our high grade beeswax has an EU food classification, E901 and are also used to coat foods to provide surface protection, prevent water loss and protect against ageing.
All beeswax contains naturally occurring propolis. Some people may be allergic to propolis, certainly if you are allergic to honey.
DAMMAR TREE RESIN
We only use Dammar tree resin in our Queen Be Wraps. Many DIY wraps and commercially bought wraps contain Pine Resin.
Our wraps are 100% pine resin free. (also know as colophoney, pine gum,rosin)
Dammar Resin is derived from 2 types of trees; Shorea Dipterocarpaceae and Shorea Javanica. Pine Resin is from the Pinus genus variety.
Why use it?
- Approved for use in storage of food, glazing agent and as a food additive.
- Makes the beeswax less brittle and adds a stickyness to the wrap helping it hold its shape and stick to itself.
- No known allergies or reactions to dammar resin like there has been for pine resin.4
- Safety data sheet rates dammar resin 1/5 for health issues, same as beeswax, rock salt and sugar.
- Pine resin is 2/5 due to the allergy profile.
We use 100% organic cold-pressed jojoba oil. Jojoba oil has antibacterial properties and is an anti-inflammatory agent. In the wrap this helps food stay fresher for longer and adds suppleness to the wrap to make it more malleable.